Controlling two MacBooks Pro with a Vezer instance...
  • titan44

Controlling two MacBooks Pro with a Vezer instance...

by titan44 » Thu May 18, 2017 11:58 pm

Hi.

I've seen Vezér's demo. And I have to say that I really liked the app.

I found it clear, easy and very quick to make the timing of the videos I use with my madMapper.

My question is, can I control 2 Mackbooks pro running madmapper with this software? ...

If so, do I need a router to connect the 2 computers on the network? Or what do I need?

How would you make that configuration? I can not find documentation about it ... :)

Thanks in advance!
    Hiram Rubio
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: Controlling two MacBooks Pro with a Vezer instance...

by mad-matt » Fri May 19, 2017 2:44 pm

Yes, using OSC output of Vezér, if the two computers are on the same network, Vezér will show both MadMapper instances and you'll be able to send OSC to each of them independently.
  • titan44

by titan44 » Fri May 19, 2017 5:36 pm

Thank you so much, mad-matt.

Interesting. What a wide range of possibilities!

Then, I will invest my money in the app :)

Thank you for your kind and very quick response. Greetings from Mexico.

mad-matt wrote:Yes, using OSC output of Vezér, if the two computers are on the same network, Vezér will show both MadMapper instances and you'll be able to send OSC to each of them independently.
  • .lov._

by .lov._ » Sun May 21, 2017 10:32 pm

mad-matt wrote:Yes, using OSC output of Vezér, if the two computers are on the same network, Vezér will show both MadMapper instances and you'll be able to send OSC to each of them independently.

You can even use a single OSC output if you want to control both MadMapper instances in the same way by using a broadcast IP. For example, if the MadMapper computers are on 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.2 you can sent Vezér's OSC Output to 192.168.1.255 to broadcast to all computers on the network on 192.168.1.X.
    Vezér - timeline and control software for visual artists
  • titan44

by titan44 » Mon May 22, 2017 5:01 pm

Hi.

I just tried what it says .lov._ And works perfectly. I'm still not very clear how to differentiate the scene changes on each computer ... I guess I'll have to name each of the presets of each MadMapper. At first I thought of making a list in order ... hmmm This is very interesting and entertaining :) Regards!

.lov._ wrote:You can even use a single OSC output if you want to control both MadMapper instances in the same way by using a broadcast IP. For example, if the MadMapper computers are on 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.2 you can sent Vezér's OSC Output to 192.168.1.255 to broadcast to all computers on the network on 192.168.1.X.