AJA Kona Compatibility
  • Algorithm

AJA Kona Compatibility

by Algorithm » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:44 pm

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to check if anyone had experience using the AJA Kona capture cards and MADMAPPER. I have a large scale mapping job coming up that requires as close to lagless video capture and output as possible and have been advised to use one of these cards.

Any advice on this topic would be extremely helpful.

Thanks
  • sir.phit

Re: AJA Kona Compatibility

by sir.phit » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:33 pm

i have an old aja io box that worked great with modul8 but i have not bothered plugging it in since computer upgrading and adding mad to my kit. it's an older device and not fully helpful as its not in regards to mad however i do see partial on point points to my statement. i did get some lag from it but i do believe thats cuz i was using it to record what i was outputting in the same old tired macbook AND i was using one of the monitor outs to pass off to the projector while i did some recording tests(i was piping the video signal through the box back into the laptop while using the monitor out to send to the projector). haven't touched it in years tho and its not the same tech as it's much older
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: AJA Kona Compatibility

by mad-matt » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:26 am

AJA should work if they support AVFoundation. We don't have native support of AJA at the moment.