textbased definition of input quad position/size
  • DerHenning

textbased definition of input quad position/size

by DerHenning » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:48 pm

Hi. I was wondering if it is possible to view and edit the source code of my madmapper files. For one project I would like to have a lot of circles with content in them. They all have the same distance to each other but I would like to change the distance and the circle size to see which distance I like best. If I did it by hand even for one option it would take super long so I would prefer to edit the definition in text form. That way I can easily change it.
    However, I couldn't find anything like a text edit function and opening the madmapper file in a text editor also didn't help. Does anyone have a solution or workaround?
    BTW it would be great if I couldn't just edit the position and size for the input quads, lines or triangles but also for the output shapes.
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: textbased definition of input quad position/size

by mad-matt » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:48 pm

Hi,
    1- Since 3.0, when you select a surface (or projector) handle in the preview, you have field to enter the position in pixels in the main toolbar.
    2- If you want all your circles to be at the same distance and same size, place to most left one and the most right one, select them all, right click and choose "Distribute Vertically". To resize them all to the size of one of the circles, select them all, right click on the circle where the position is correct and choose "Resize all"
    Cheers !
  • paullarry

by paullarry » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:36 am

Hi,
    1- Since 3.0, when you select a surface (or projector) handle in the preview, you have field to enter the position in pixels in the main toolbar.
    2- If you want all your circles to be at the same distance and same size, place to most left one and the most right one, select them all, right click and choose "Distribute Vertically". To resize them all to the size of one of the circles, select them all, right click on the circle where the position is correct and choose "Resize all"
    Cheers !
    Hats off to you. That is the exact thing I was looking for. I'll have to add a little animation on each of these.I'll see how I do that.
    sigmasix
    master

by sigmasix » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:53 am

Very strange to have these fields in the toolbar… I remember at some point it was in the properties panel of the quad. Yesterday I spent a few minutes trying to figure out why it has been removed until a saw it was up there… not very user experience friendly
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

by mad-matt » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:48 pm

It's not only related to a quad handle. You can select a mesh warping handle, a projector handle, any handle in the view can be positionned in pixels. That's a new feature. In the quad properties there are UV positions / sizes, no changes about that.
    sigmasix
    master

by sigmasix » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:18 pm

Would it be possible to change the coordinates of the full quad? Not just the handles? If I need to move the whole quad 10px left and 100px down, I don't want to move each handles separately

thx