Set dimmer to switch on/off instead of dim
    Gritcorp

Set dimmer to switch on/off instead of dim

by Gritcorp » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:23 pm

Hi,

Trying to control non dimmable fixtures, a non dmx LED Pinspot and a non dmx strobe.
    I have set my dimmer pack (stairville dds-405) for those channels to "switch" instead of "dim", normally when I send total black or luminance 0 from Madmapper to my dimmer pack it should turn off those fixture but instead they start to flicker, so I am assuming Madmapper is not sending an absolute zero, like a traditional lighting desk would ? Is this a known limitation or am I missing something ? Thanks for any info ;)
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: Set dimmer to switch on/off instead of dim

by mad-matt » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:41 am

Hi,
    No there's no such limitation. How do you send a total black ? Did you try with the "Solid Color" generator ?
    You can monitor DMX output of MadMapper from Tools / DMX Monitor. That will show you the exact value sent to each DMX output channels. Can you confirm it's not zero ?
    Cheers
    Matthieu - MM team
    Gritcorp

Re: Set dimmer to switch on/off instead of dim

by Gritcorp » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:15 am

Hi Matthieu,

Thanks for your reply, indeed you are right MM is sending 0 as expected, and the dimmer pack is sending 0v accordingly. Problem solved, the LED I´m using has a very low consumption, added an halogen in parallel and all works fine now.
    Thanks again ;)
    GC