Advatek Pixlite MKII and WS2815, color error out of MM
  • Luca Ferro

Advatek Pixlite MKII and WS2815, color error out of MM

by Luca Ferro » Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:41 pm

Hi
    i bought this new WS2815 ledstrip which have 60pix/m and work on 12V and should not need power at start and bottom of them.
    cool. but, if i test them from the Advatek assistant, and i ask for example red, they got red, also green blue and cycle works good.
    In madmapper i've created a fixture (rgb 300x1, starting univ1 ch1), if i enter the single color white they're good (instead the last pixel that have a different color on each strip).
    if i change the single color shader to red for example, they start red the first 100 pixels, then become green other 100, then blue last 100 (not exact numbers, every strip is little different!). the same if i click the Line Pattern shader and color it red. the same if i color the shader in white and change the color from the fixture settings.
    if leaving it white and make the line running, the first pixel of the running line is red, the rest is white.
    i tryied different settings on the advatek and MM, working on artNet or Sacn (both work with the same problem).
    any suggestion?
    thanks!!!
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: Advatek Pixlite MKII and WS2815, color error out of MM

by mad-matt » Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:58 am

I think your issue is related to the "Skip last universe channels" setting in MadMapper Fixture Definition. This option has been made mostly for Pixelite, because Pixelite doesn't use the channels 511 & 512 of a DMX universe to avoid having a RGB pixel controlled with some channels in one universe and others in next universe (making it possible to see yellow, pink etc. while just sending black & white)

Just try to activate or deactivate this option and let me know if it solved
  • Luca Ferro

Re: Advatek Pixlite MKII and WS2815, color error out of MM

by Luca Ferro » Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:44 pm

Ahhhh super thanks!
    yesturday night i saw it making them work with touchdesigner, telling it to skip last two channels.
    i was searching how to do it in MM, then i saw your message, yeah! solved! thanks a lot!!!!
    :mrgreen: