out to more than one projector?
  • timport

out to more than one projector?

by timport » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:41 pm

I am new to MM. I have been experimenting with projecting out to two projectors from one laptop but I am having issues. When I project with just one projector and select full screen from within MM I get full screen from the projector and MM interface view on my laptop monitor which enables me to make adjustments to the surfaces. However when I do the same thing with two projectors going out from my laptop I get full screen in both projectors and also fullscreen in the laptop monitor which makes it impossible for me to adjust surfaces or edit the scene in any way. To put it another way after I create projector 1 and projector 2 in madmapper they both output to my left and right physical projectors respectively however the output from one of the two video projectors is mirrored in my laptop monitor and they are both fullscreen which makes the MM interface disappear until I press "ctrl + t".

Is there a way I can get full screen to each projector and also keep the madmapper interface view in my laptop monitor so I can adjust the surfaces for both video outputs?

My video card is an Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070 and has one HDMI out and one ubs-c video out on a two year old Alienware gaming laptop running windows 10.
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: out to more than one projector?

by mad-matt » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:26 am

There's no reason in MadMapper why the fullscreen would go to two screens, there must be something at system / graphics driver level. MadMapper just creates a window at the position of the screen.
    Do you have different images on your screen when MadMapper is off ? Can you move an application from one screen to another ?
  • timport

by timport » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:24 pm

In the following image you can see I am outputting to a single projector in full screen mode. At the same time I am also able to access the MM interface on my laptop monitor so that I can make adjustments to the projection.

In the following images you can see that I am outputting to two projectors from the same laptop in full screen mode. However unlike with outputting to a single projector I am unable to access the MM interface to make adjustments to the shapes in the projections.

How do I output to two projectors and maintain the ability to make changes to what is being projected while in full screen mode? I have watched tutorials and this does not seem to be problem. I am running an Alienware with an Nvidia GForce GTX 1070 that laptop also has an integrated card.
    Attachments
    single_projector.jpg
    single_projector.jpg (223.7 KiB) Viewed 4954 times
    dual_screen.jpg
    dual_screen.jpg (207.34 KiB) Viewed 4954 times
    dual_projector.jpg
    dual_projector.jpg (200.81 KiB) Viewed 4954 times
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

by mad-matt » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:29 pm

That's a windows display settings issue. One of your projector is a clone of your laptop screen. You should use "Extend Displays" for both projectors outputs in Windows. First link I found: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-conn ... windows-10