OSC-control list in 3.5 from 3.3.3
  • marcomaivideo

OSC-control list in 3.5 from 3.3.3

by marcomaivideo » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:19 pm

Hi, I have a problem with the new version 3.5

I’m working on a TouchOSC multi-page layout that helps me to control most functions in MADMAPPER, some masters controls and various materials.
    I saved a MADMAPPER master file calls “MASTER_OSC” and copy it as a new one when I need to work on a new project.
    Until today I have worked on a stage with A-B method mixing as I learned from this tutorial:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjOtiUfE8lU&t=35s
    …but finally with new feature CUES in 3.5 it seems I don’t need more :D

So… I prepared the master file in the 3.3.3 version, deleting all PRESETS and relative commands in OSC control list.

But when I open the file in the 3.5 version I lost many controls. :(
    All material controls are gone. :shock:
    Some master controls such as “oscillator” and its fader “speed” doesn’t work.

I spend a lot of time to set all panels and OSC parameters inside every button or fader, I hope you can help me to keep my OSC list 'cause I wouldn’t like to remap all commands again! :cry:
    Attached files: MadMapper file: "MASTER_OSC", two screenshot to understand the difference between the same OSC control list opened in both versions of MADMAPPER (see how the slider of the list is small in the 3.5).

Thank you.
    Marco.
    Attachments
    MASTER_OSC-prepare to 3.5vers.mad.zip
    (24.47 KiB) Downloaded 374 times
    control-list_3.5v.jpg
    control-list_3.5v.jpg (130.96 KiB) Viewed 3454 times
    control-list_3.3.3v.jpg
    control-list_3.3.3v.jpg (130.88 KiB) Viewed 3454 times
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: OSC-control list in 3.5 from 3.3.3

by mad-matt » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:20 pm

Hi,
    Thanks for your feedback. We're working at getting some of the controls from 3.3.3, I'll PM you a version tomorrow. But we won't handle all cases because there are too many changes, ie handling surface group hierarchy in controls etc.
    I think in your case you should get everything back.
    Cheers
    Matthieu