Audio Input Not Detecting
  • Damien Hawkins

Audio Input Not Detecting

by Damien Hawkins » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:13 am

Well That's a bit of a lie, ANYWAY... Matt Beghin Said to ask you guys.. SO here we go..

I'm using a Focusrite Saffire Pro40 as my audio interface. It's my default audio input. MadMapper recognises the device, but it doesn't actually pick up any audio signal... I have good clean signals everywhere else. As a temporary solution to get around this I have been using an external output from Focusrite to run wires to the computer's built-in LINE IN.. This TEMPORARY solution has been like this for the last 5 years I've used MadMapper . . . I'm usually good at troubleshooting stuff.... But I think this is beyond my skills... As... I'm just a button pusher... I'm no good with the terminal & code protocols.... YET..

So .. Yeah... Thanks....

Damien Hawkins
    3vilNodSta
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: Audio Input Not Detecting

by mad-matt » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:30 pm

You can enable MadMapper log by opening Tools menu with Cmd key pressed - Enable Log... => restart MM => menu Tools / Send current log. Then send a support request (mail to support[at]garagecube[dot]com specifying it's for Matthieu, I'll check the log then)
    We'll see why MM fails opening the audio device for input. Maybe it just refuses opening with less than all channels available.

If you start MadRouter and press Cmd+D (or menu Tools / Show Devices), can you see you audio device ? It should show all available audio devices. Double clicking it should show its audio analysis channels (bass, medium, treble, amplitude, bpm ...), does it move ?
  • rubi666

by rubi666 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:37 pm

hi, im trying to do the same on win 10, but i cant. Madmapper donts seems to recognise the focusrite scarlett solo. The focusrite is set as deafult audio input on win but dont work wit MM
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

by mad-matt » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:59 pm

Please send me the log file like requested in previous post
  • Damien Hawkins

by Damien Hawkins » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:47 pm

Matt, I've sent log to support I hope it what you wanted...
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

by mad-matt » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:31 pm

I checked the log. The audio input is detected and opened successfully. MadMapper opens the interface requesting a single channel for audio input. What MM will receive depends on the driver (it could mix all inputs or just forward first input) Have you plugged anything on first input ?
    We planned to work on this to enable getting input channels separately and choosing which one.
  • Damien Hawkins

by Damien Hawkins » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:47 am

Yes, and this is where the problem is. MadMapper detects the interface and acknowledges it as an input, BUT... It shows no signal information being received although the signal is definitely being sent. I've sent you a pic to help explain.
  • rubi666

by rubi666 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:12 am

hi matt, i just sent the log.
  • bulldogarf

by bulldogarf » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:04 pm

I don't know if this post is completely resolved or not, but thought it best to add my scenario to it.

I've recently upgraded to ver 3.6.1 and ever since have not been able to get any audio input to function. The "Particles - sound reactive" material does not react to audio at all and the Cue system doesn't seem to be reacting either.

I'm running MM on a 2014 MacBook Pro and am using a Behringer UCA202 USB audio interface for piping audio into the machine from another audio source. I don't think that it's the USB interface, as even audio from the built-in mic no longer works. Also, the macOS system pref control panel shows that audio is being received by both the interface and mic.

I skipped directly to 3.6.1 from 3.5.2 so I don't know in which version this issue started. I also haven't been able to find any other posts online of this exact issue in current forum posts.

This is essential for the show that I'm creating, so I'll need to go back to 3.5.2 until a solution is found for this whether it be a settings issue or a bug fix.

Thanks!