MadMapper / Advatek PixLite 16 MkII / sACN
  • bencollins2

MadMapper / Advatek PixLite 16 MkII / sACN

by bencollins2 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:02 pm

Hello!

I recently bought an Advatek PixLite 16 Mkii LED strip controller. It's really convenient for running a lot of light strips, and has additional DMX outputs to use for other fixtures.

However, the only way these extra outs will work is if you use sACN to control the lights. I've tried just about everything I can think of within MadMapper and the Advatek assistant but I can't seem to get sACN to work.

I realize sACN support is pretty new to this software, so maybe this isn't supported.. I did get it working over ArtNet, but that means I'm not able to use my other outputs. I'm still demoing MadMapper, and would love to buy the software, but if it means I can't use sACN I'd probably need an additional DMX node and my budget's a bit tight :(

Any advice on this would be amazing! Thanks!

Ben
    sigmasix
    master

Re: MadMapper / Advatek PixLite 16 MkII / sACN

by sigmasix » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:48 pm

Sacn works fine, been using it a lot.

In advatek assistant you have to select it of course, and in madmapper preferences you have to use sacn in the dmx output tab.

If it's not working, maybe you have a problem with your network configuration. Check that you are in the same subnet and ip address range.
  • bencollins2

by bencollins2 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:50 pm

I'm still not having any success with sACN. I'm on a mac, if that matters.

I can't imagine the IP range and subnet mask are issues, since ArtNet works without trouble. Then I switch to sACN in Advatek Assistant and in DMX Output on MadMapper, and everything stops working.

I feel like I've spent two full days just trying different network settings, universe and channel settings with no luck. Any hints or troubleshooting steps would be greatly appreciated.
  • bencollins2

by bencollins2 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:56 pm

Just downloaded Q Light Controller + as a test. It seems I am able to send sACN info over the network using that, just not through MadMapper for some reason.

Are there any settings in MadMapper I'm missing?
  • franz
    madMapper master

by franz » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:31 pm

please try again with MM version 3.6.1, we've fixed some saCN issues.