Going full-screen it becomes glitchy
  • jkoyote

Going full-screen it becomes glitchy

by jkoyote » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:10 pm

Hello,

I need some help! I having issues with videos and motions hesitating and getting glitchy when in full-screen mode. The look fine in preview mode and I can even stretch the preview window to fill the whole screen and it stays smooth, but once I go to full-screen mode it gets glitchy.

My setup is as follows:
    Windows 10
    Intel Intel Core i5-8600 Coffee Lake 6-Core 3.1 GHz
    32 GB of memory
    2 Nvidia NVS 810 cards driving 16 displays in a 4 x 4 setup (1280 x 720 on each display)
    The latest version of Madmapper

Any insight you can give would be helpful. Thanks!
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: Going full-screen it becomes glitchy

by mad-matt » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:03 pm

Hi,
    There is a difference between one preview window over all screens and 16 fullscreen windows: MadMapper will ask the GPU to render surfaces for all contexts, change context more times, switch from one texture to another more times per frame etc.
    There is an hidden setting to create a single display over all the screens. We should make it public in the future. If you activate this setting, you can create only one projector, choose the top left screen and set the projector size to the bounding rectangle of you 16 screens in Windows (ie 4x1280 x 4x720 = 5120x2880).
    To activate this setting
    on macOS in Terminal.app: defaults write com.garagecube.MadMapper adjustProjectorWindowToScreen 1
    on Windows, in cmd.exe: REG ADD HKCU\SOFTWARE\Garagecube\MadMapper /f /v adjustProjectorWindowToScreen /t REG_SZ /d 0
    Does it solve ?
    Btw, the NVS 810 card is great to have 8 outputs but the benchmarks show poor results. Let us know how it works in your configuration.
    Cheers
    Matthieu - MM team
  • jkoyote

Re: Going full-screen it becomes glitchy

by jkoyote » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:17 pm

Matthieu,

That worked! Thank you so much.
  • Martyhiect

Going full screen it becomes glitchy

by Martyhiect » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:18 am

Yeah this is a way to remove green screen by using Keylight. I think there might be another way to remove green screen, but I don't know of it yet.