Need thorough CUES tutorial made by you (Madmapper)
  • splitgrill

Need thorough CUES tutorial made by you (Madmapper)

by splitgrill » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:47 pm

It is VERY frustrating and time-consuming to experiment with cues without knowing how they work. I am a smart person. And I assume there are those of you that have a complete understanding of how CUEs work as a result of your experimentation--but I personally think it is negligent of you, the madMapper coding team, not to make tutorial-creation part of your workflow. It is bad for business. I am a school teacher. My time can't be spent experimenting for hours on end. We have paid for this software and I can assure you that my students would use it in their future lives, and tell others about it, BUT ONLY IF THEY CAN LEARN IT BY FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS!

Do CUEs represent a particular state of parameter settings for a Quad?
    Can a single CUE represent parameter states for multiple Quads?
    What does the CUE "Edit" button do other than put red lines under parameter editors?
    Why can't the parameters be edited when the CUE "Edit" button is active?
    Using the CUE Inspector, why can't an instant of a Quad be represented by a CUE without affecting the ground state of the Quad?

on and on, I have many more questions...

We also own licenses to Vézer, and now are using it to do many of the things we were hoping to do in madMapper, which seems inefficient. We hoped to set things up in madMapper, and then activate them with Vézer. Please comment.
  • BlandSauce

Re: Need thorough CUES tutorial made by you (Madmapper)

by BlandSauce » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:44 am

http://madmapper.com/doc/cues/ has some documentation that should answer at least some of your questions.

I agree the documentation is a little lacking, but it sounds like it's a newer feature, so I assume things are constantly changing with it.
  • splitgrill

by splitgrill » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:24 pm

Yes, thank you Blandsauce, I was aware of this page, and I think it's a start, but those screenshots should be videos! And then there are unexplained references to "widgets", which means something else to me then the way that word is used there. I feel like this introduction only makes me have more questions.
  • franz
    madMapper master

by franz » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:11 pm

sorry about that, we currently are in the process of making video tutorials fro cues/scenes.
    they should be ready before xmas.