Video Playback Stutters in Windows
  • mheath

Video Playback Stutters in Windows

by mheath » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:06 pm

Hi all -

We're having a minor issue with video file playback on windows. Any video files will very slightly "stutter" while playing back in madmapper. It's a subtle issue, but with some of our content ends up very noticeable. Content produced with any of the various internal generators has no such problem.

This issue is isolated to madmapper and its video rendering engine. If I play content directly in some other media player (VLC, others) on the same projector/output, it plays fine. It also isn't related to any mapping, meshing, etc; the issue persists even when I set madmapper to a single, flat output.

I've tried different video input formats (including H264 and HAP), frame rates, resolutions; all have the same problem. I've tried playing back in other applications and delivering to madmapper via both NDI and Spout; same issue.

Does anyone have any tips? Losing my mind over this. The system has two AMD Radeon Pro WX4100 cards; I know their lower end, but I don't think thats the issue (again, playback with any application other than madmapper is fine). I'm barely utilizing the CPU or GPUs at any point.
  • franz
    madMapper master

Re: Video Playback Stutters in Windows

by franz » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:32 am

lastest drivers, latest os, latest MM version ?