Cue System improvement
  • bLackburst

Cue System improvement

by bLackburst » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:28 am

I'm really appreciating the new tutorial videos and am pushing through my frustrations to come to terms with the powerful/cryptic cueing system.
    The existence of the cue system shows that GC recognise the potential in markets beyond just freeform visualism. But these users MUST have preview functionality, media countdown timers and more granular sequencing options between cues(next, stop, jump to). Thumbnails/titles of loaded media too.
    Can you please tell me why the |< parameter for movie files is excluded from cues by default? Isn't the most common need to play them from the start?
    Dragging media items onto cue slots to create cues seems useless, the resulting cue won't change the media because there's no quad info stored in it. Just firing off movies should be the priority in terms of creating movie cues.
    For this reason it seems like the best starting point for making two movie cues is the edit button, then "cue all" on both the quad and the media, click the |< on the media, then disable edit, then do the same thing for the next movie. What a whack way of playing two clips with default settings. If I'm doing it wrong it's not because I've missed something obvious. I use a lot of systems with preset/cue functionality and I find this frustrating. The default behaviour should be as close to "set up a look and record it with a click" as possible.
    Again, it's extremely powerful and versatile, but it seems like the most common need for cues is never the starting point. It feels like the default behaviour is aimed at the most complex scenarios, whereas I feel it should be the other way around.
  • morph
    activ8 member

Re: Cue System improvement

by morph » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:02 pm

I find the whole lot pretty confusing.
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: Cue System improvement

by mad-matt » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:48 am

Thanks for your feedback. We discussed your post with the team. We agree on those:

previous cue button
    timestep per column (for autoplay mode, we could set a duration per column in "edit cues" mode)
    restart movie on cue : on by default
    set cue thumbnail from available project media thumbnails

Maybe some will come in 3.7