Playing Multiple video 'quads'
  • dornebob

Playing Multiple video 'quads'

by dornebob » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:40 pm

Hi folks--- can't find a user manual so I am throwing the question out here. I want to use Mad Mapper to do video projection on a small building. I will split the building into 4 to 6 segments. I have success creating the video quadfs, masking them, and dropping them onto the screen to cover the building. But I can only get one quad to play at a time. I need them all to play at once. What am I doing wrong? II've been consulting the online tutorials but is there a user manual out there somewhere that I can access? Thanks!
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: Playing Multiple video 'quads'

by mad-matt » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:22 pm

Please first look at our tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 6UzgzHfQpM
  • Teunkneus
    activ8 member

Re: Playing Multiple video 'quads'

by Teunkneus » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:18 pm

Hi folks--- can't find a user manual so I am throwing the question out here. I want to use Mad Mapper to do video projection on a small building. I will split the building into 4 to 6 segments. I have success creating the video quadfs, masking them, and dropping them onto the screen to cover the building. But I can only get one quad to play at a time. I need them all to play at once. What am I doing wrong? II've been consulting the online tutorials but is there a user manual out there somewhere that I can access? Thanks!
    Put al quads in one scene or cue, then make an input which starts the scene or cue and you're done.
    I think the easiest and most reliable way to start them all on time, then if you have to change the video all at the same time copy the scene and replace the videos on eacht quad en update the scene. (I like to trigger them in order with dmx/keyboard or OSC and this way it's almost impossible to just trigger one because you forgot to select an quad). But this all depends if it's a live show or just a automated player.