FX Layer
  • weareinteractive

FX Layer

by weareinteractive » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:35 pm

Hi guys,

I'm on 3.6.6 windows and something strange happens. If I open directly madmapper, and create a layer, I have the FX type drop menu available. If I save a project using fx layer and then open directly madmapper through the project .mad file there is no fx layer available.

If I open madmapper and then open the saved file, i have the fx type available. Is it me or is this something happening to everyboy?

Thank you,
    Cheers.
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: FX Layer

by mad-matt » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:58 am

This is not a known issue. Can you reproduce it starting with a blank project ?
    I just tested on macOS and couldn't reproduce. I would be surprised there would be such a bug. Might be related to your setup.
    Could you activate the log and send the log file ? =>
    To activate logging in MM, Ctrl+Click on Tools menu, choose "Enable Log", then you can restart MM, reproduce the issue, and send the log with menu Tools / Send Current Log. Just reply when it's done so I check received log files.
  • weareinteractive

by weareinteractive » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:55 pm

Hi,

As requested I sent logs, first i sent a normal madmapper project, fresh new from simple opening of app. Then I closed madmapper and opened directly from a saved .mad file and FX arent working, I noticed that not only the fxlayer isnt working but also the generators, like solid color, show as missing. I repeated on another random.mad file i had around, same as usual.

Again, if I dont open a .mad directly from explorer, but open a saved file inside an already open madmapper, then everything's fine.

I keep forgetting this issue and always end up opening from explorer, closing madmapper, opening madmapper and then (usually) open recent save file.

Thanks for checking this issue.
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

by mad-matt » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:35 pm

I checked your log. It seems MadMapper cannot find the resource files. That's not a known issue.
    Could you completely delete the folder "~/Library/Application Support/GarageCube/MadMapper/" and restart MadMapper ?
    You can do it from Terminal:
    rm -rf ~/Library/Application Support/GarageCube/MadMapper
    Did it solve ?
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

by mad-matt » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:58 pm

The issue is solved in MadMapper 3.7.0. We'll post Beta 1 on the forum tomorrow hopefully.