Need syphon recorder help / how to export video to media player?
  • isaralynn

Need syphon recorder help / how to export video to media player?

by isaralynn » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:11 am

Hello,
    I am new to Mad Mapper and am trying to record the Mad Mapper output so that I can save it as a video file to put on a Micca Media Player and connect that to a WXGA projector (epson PowerLite 1735W)-- is this possible?? I read on some forums people suggest recording with Syphon Recorder, I downloaded it, but when I open Syphon recorder it is does not give Mad Mapper output as an option to record. I know some people say you have to select it in Mad Mapper preferences, but I do not see it anywhere, and am using version 3.6.5 under which I found in the release notes under "Improvements" it says "* Always show MadMapper syphon/spout outputs (removed preference)". Is there something else I need to select in Mad Mapper?? I should note, I am connecting Max to Mad Mapper using Syphon, and my max/jitter video shows up in the Syphon recorder, but not the manipulated Mad Mapper output.

My set up is using Max input (using Syphon) to Mad Mapper, and then Mad Mapper outputting to a projector. I'm not even sure if Syphon Recorder is what I need, I already tried screen capture with quicktime screen capture (I have a Macbook Pro) and it did not align correctly on my surface. I think it may have something to do with the Micca Player resolution vs. the WXGA projector I am using? My video screen capture movie says resolution is 1280x800, and Mad Mapper says the projector output is 1280x800 but it is not aligning correctly when I load the file on my Micca Media Player..... any ideas? I've tried numerous combinations of resolutions and can't get it to line up correctly, it also keep aligning off center which is weird. The WXGA projector has a vga cable connected to a 'vga to hdmi converter' and then the hdmi port goes into the Micca Media Player.

I'd like to find a way to project mad mapper output without using my computer... is this only possible with miniMad? I'm not sure miniMad is compatible with a WXGA projector??
  • isaralynn

Re: Need syphon recorder help / how to export video to media player?

by isaralynn » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:01 am

**SOLVED**
    I found the "Publish to Syphon" button under the Projector output options. However, I then realized my media player does not like the codecs Syphon offers, so I ended up using my quicktime screen recording anyways, since it was in fact recording the same output as Syphon.

I realized the real issue was my projector's settings. I played around with the resolution/aspect ratio options, and had to adjust the center point to get my video to match the projection surface. A video with the resolution of 1280x800 is what I needed.
  • Teunkneus
    activ8 member

Re: Need syphon recorder help / how to export video to media player?

by Teunkneus » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:14 pm

**SOLVED**
    I found the "Publish to Syphon" button under the Projector output options. However, I then realized my media player does not like the codecs Syphon offers, so I ended up using my quicktime screen recording anyways, since it was in fact recording the same output as Syphon.

I realized the real issue was my projector's settings. I played around with the resolution/aspect ratio options, and had to adjust the center point to get my video to match the projection surface. A video with the resolution of 1280x800 is what I needed.
    Handbrake is an easy way to change the container or codec.