Conditional key press cue trigger
  • yesyesnono

Conditional key press cue trigger

by yesyesnono » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:24 pm

Hi there!

I'm working on an installation that will have an IDLE animation looping and play another when triggered by an IR sensor.
    IR sensor will send the a keyboard trigger --everytime-- it is triggered.

My problem is get the movie to play from the start ( inspector>Media>Restart), but listen to the key trigger only once.

This is what i'm trying to achieve:

Scene1 : IDLE movie plays in a loop
    *keyboard press*
    Scene2 : Main movie plays (from the start)
    *keyboard press* ( should not trigger Scene2 again until the movie is finished)
    Movie finished -> back to Scene1 etc..

I've managed some combination of the above but never got to a good solution.
    I was wondering if i'm in the right direction and if anyone had an answer as how to achieve it.

Thank you!
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: Conditional key press cue trigger

by mad-matt » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:33 pm

There is no option to handle this specific case actually.
    There will be one in MadMapper 3.7.0. Please PM me and I'll send you a beta. You'll be able to specify "auto play settings" per column. So setting your main movie on column 1 with "play next column when movie reaches loop end" and setting your idle movie on column 2 with fix duration of 10000000 seconds, you could just map your IR sensor to trigger column 1. If you don't set the movie "restart" ON in the scene, it won't do anything if the start the column 1 multiple times, but it will restart if the movie assigned to your quad by this scene wasn't playing anywhere before (when coming back from "IDLE" scene where the "idle movie" was assigned to your quad)
    Am I clear enough ?
  • yesyesnono

Re: Conditional key press cue trigger

by yesyesnono » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:29 pm

Thanks a lot,
    It's very helpful and makes lots of sense.

Will PM for beta access.