I’ve been asked to help optimise a sometimes playback stuttering madmapper project which features 6144x6144 video files, being funnelled onto a 3D model in madmapper.
More details below. Any tips for what makes for the smoothest playing back HAP file, at 6144x6144?
HAP files - 6144x6144
project with 21 of these large video files..
all funnelled in sequence, onto a 3d model in madmapper
playback machine = 10-core 2017 imac, 32 gb ram, graphics card, Radeon Pro Vega 56 / 6gb / 3.0GHz Xeon
The Clips Vary
- in time, from 20 seconds to 5 minutes,
- in bit-rate from 300 mbs, to 2500mbps
Variables am trying, to improve playback with:
- reducing longer clips to a series of shorter clips (some improvement noted)
HAP Quality Settings
- trying re-renders at 50% quality (within AV Batch encoder) (not noticing improvement from that)
- Have 10 cores on machine, have tried rendering with no chunks, 1, 2, 4, and 8, without noticing improvement...