3.7 Cue problems
  • bLackburst

3.7 Cue problems

by bLackburst » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:33 pm

Hi
    In 3.7 there seems to be some problems with the cue improvements.
    -The new default media position as zero(thank you!) doesn't do anything when you re-trigger the cue, only when coming from another cue. I would have thought that it would start from the start every time I trigger that cue? It also doesn't add it in the inspector, which could lead to confusion. In fact the inspector is buggy for me in this fashion now(windows), selecting and changing things seems to strobe select parameters and be unresponsive. Is "update from current values" stuck-on when in edit mode?
    -The Autoplay settings per column are a step in the right direction to be able to sequence shows, thank you. But the settings aren't conducive to sequencing shows of video files. Mostly a cued show would go something like:
    Holding Loop
    Manual advance to Video
    On end, Auto advance to another looping state
    Manual advance to video
    on end auto advance to another video
    etc etc. Like a blocky timeline that you sometimes have to advance on cue.
    There is no column autoplay setting to loop indefinitely(without just stopping the main autoplay). The "Play next..." setting is not in the same radio button group as the "Duration" settings, so the duration settings are always active. This means that even with "Play next..." activated, the duration will advance cues if it activates before the media ends. Then you have to know every media length and set the duration to way higher than each length if you want to sequence movies. This OR relationship between the triggers could be useful when the cue contains non-media information I suppose. But it just gets in the way of being able to sequence a show as default.

We need to be able to have each column advance on movie end(exclusively), pause on movie end, jump to a specified column on movie end, fade to black on movie end, loop indefinitely, loop x times, loop for duration. And obviously scenes can contain multiple movies, so you'd need to be able to specify which movie end to listen to.
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: 3.7 Cue problems

by mad-matt » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:32 am

Hi,
    The new default media position as zero(thank you!) doesn't do anything when you re-trigger the cue
    Have you created the scene/cue with 3.7.0 ? Normally the media "restart" setting is included and set to "ON" by default. It should appear in Cue Inspector, and re-triggering the cue should restart the media each time. I just tested again and found no issue. Maybe you found an issue. Can you reproduce this problem ? If yes, please tell me how or send me a project file.
    In fact the inspector is buggy for me in this fashion now(windows), selecting and changing things seems to strobe select parameters and be unresponsive. Is "update from current values" stuck-on when in edit mode?
    What do you mean by "selecting and changing things" ? Selection might change when removing or adding parameters in the selected scene/cue, that normal, but we're not aware of a problem in there. Please be more precise.
    The Autoplay settings per column are a step in the right direction to be able to sequence shows, thank you. But the settings aren't conducive to sequencing shows of video files...
    That's a good suggestion. I add it to the whishlist. We could easily write a module to handle this feature.
    This means that even with "Play next..." activated, the duration will advance cues if it activates before the media ends. Then you have to know every media length and set the duration to way higher than each length if you want to sequence movies
    I think we discussed that. Actually you can set a duration of 10000 seconds for all and you're ok, but that's tricky.
    We need to be able to have each column advance on movie end(exclusively), pause on movie end, jump to a specified column on movie end, fade to black on movie end, loop indefinitely, loop x times, loop for duration. And obviously scenes can contain multiple movies, so you'd need to be able to specify which movie end to listen to.
    That makes sense. Actually:
    - have each column advance on movie end(exclusively): can be done by setting duration to a high number (having an "infinite" radio button would be better indeed) and checking the "Play next when movie loop finished"
    - pause on movie end can be done by setting the movie looping mode to "play once"
    - jumping to specified column is not supported.
    - fade to black on movie end: you can create a "blackout" scene after the column with your movie (on which you set the "Play next when movie loop finished" option)
    - loop indefinitely can be done by setting duration to a high number (having an "infinite" radio button would be better indeed)
    - loop x times is not implemented, not sure how useful it is
    - loop for duration is not implemented, not sure how useful it is
    And obviously scenes can contain multiple movies, so you'd need to be able to specify which movie end to listen to.
    If you have multiple movies you might want to choose which one is master. But that's not a common case. We did the auto-play think with ease of use in mind and decided not to put too many features in there and develop modules for more specific requirements. More will come in the future.