Quad Positioning Jumping Around
  • mheath

Quad Positioning Jumping Around

by mheath » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:36 pm

Hi All -

We run a relatively complex edge blending setup with 4 projectors arranged horizontally, each aligned and blended. Because we're using ultra-short-throw projectors, precise alignment is an ongoing battle for us.

We're having an ongoing issue with madmapper where the positioning of quads is occasionally shifting. From time to time, the corners of a quad will shift left or right, leading to significant alignment issues with our overlapping outputs. I've tried hard to find any reasoning to this; sometimes it seems to happen upon reboot, other times randomly in the middle of a show when transitioning cues in madmapper.

I'm looking for tips and suggestions on how to prevent this, or how to help troubleshoot this further. It's becoming a major problem; I will spend hours tweaking and testing alignment, only to have it break and behave completely different when I fire up the system the next day.
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: Quad Positioning Jumping Around

by mad-matt » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:54 am

Hi,
    We're not aware of such an issue. Is it happenning when starting cue only ? Are you sure the geometry of your quads is not stored with different values in cues ?
    If you want to overwrite the quads geometry in all scenes (/cues), select all scenes, select all surfaces, press cue grid "Edit" button (or Cmd+SHIFT+C / Ctrl/SHIFT+C), and press the "Output Geometry" button in the surface properties.
    Did it solve ?
  • chyerisobar

by chyerisobar » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:53 am

Hi there I have the same issue on 2 different installations, the positions of the quads or other elements are moving slightly around after sometime, will have to adjust them back but the same thing happens

I did not uses cues or scenes here
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

by mad-matt » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:26 am

That's impossible that MadMapper changes the quad positions while it runs. To verify you can take a screen snapshot at the beginning and after and compare the two images.
    What may happen if that when the projectors temperature changes, the picture is slightly moved. It depends on the environment and on the projector.
    You can also verify if it's hardware or not by taking a snapshot of the fullscreen output (projected image), stop MadMapper, put the snapshot as your desktop background and see if the picture is also moving.