Mediaserver
  • Difelone

Mediaserver

by Difelone » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:55 pm

Hi everyone, usually I use MadMapper for visual and mapping, on both system windows and Osx.
    Today I installed the software on a media server with 2 GPUs Matrox C680 PCIe x16, Ram 32gb, I don't remember the CPU, but I think is a i7.
    I set up everything and 7 on 9 output are fine, 2 are flickering. BUT I don't understand why,when toogle the full screen output, all the playback run really slow, like a few fps. I tried with some dune or caustic efx by madmapper and the problem is the same.
    The GPUs runs one at 7% and the other one at 26%
    Cpu was 7% and the Ram at 12%...of usage.
    Where I can fix the problem? Thx you so much
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: Mediaserver

by mad-matt » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:30 pm

So you have 9 outputs connected to Matrox card. First you card is very slow (10 times slower than nVidia 1080 Ti), see benchmark https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu. ... 16&id=3054

What is you main screen connected to ? Are you using movie hardware decoding ?
  • Difelone

by Difelone » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:25 pm

So you have 9 outputs connected to Matrox card. First you card is very slow (10 times slower than nVidia 1080 Ti), see benchmark https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu. ... 16&id=3054

What is you main screen connected to ? Are you using movie hardware decoding ?
    My main screen is connected to one of output of one matrox

My boss bought it, so I don't know why of these choise and also for others about the mediaserver, like way Windows for example...but like we say in Italy: Put the donkey where the boss want!
    This afternoon I found this: enabling each screen one per time, I found that 3 of them are messing all the mapping! Before enable one of this screen, the playback is fine; then it start to slowdown everything.
    I saw in one of these screen, that is receiving a double signal. I explain it in a better way: one of these screen is flipped of 90°, so the resolution is different with the others...well I get the screen flickering 2 different image
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

by mad-matt » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:42 pm

We're not aware of such an issue. We'll do some testing.
    In the mean time you can do a test: disable the 90 degree rotation in Windows and rotate the projector in MadMapper instead (if you rotate with shift key pressed you can easiely do a perfect 90 degree rotation). It will not change anything in your setup.
    Does it solve the issue ?
  • Difelone

by Difelone » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:21 am

We're not aware of such an issue. We'll do some testing.
    In the mean time you can do a test: disable the 90 degree rotation in Windows and rotate the projector in MadMapper instead (if you rotate with shift key pressed you can easiely do a perfect 90 degree rotation). It will not change anything in your setup.
    Does it solve the issue ?
    I have already setup the madmapper project with the 90 degree rotation screen. Windows see all the monitor in a normal position...and the issue still remain.
    Now i'm trying to reset and change the position of the screen on the gpu output.