OSC Feedback from Cue triggering
  • howie_b

OSC Feedback from Cue triggering

by howie_b » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:27 pm

I might be wrong, but it dosnt seam that when i trigger a cue via OSC - MM dosnt send osc feedback.

Im programming for a show with a lighting desk, a media server and MadMapper. Im already using alot of OSC control and feedback between all three systems. I had presumed that these messages would be feedback like others, i hoping i doing something wrong.

Apart from this - I'm getting into cues for the first time and enjoying the power it brings to MM.
    cheers_ Howie
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: OSC Feedback from Cue triggering

by mad-matt » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:34 am

Hi !
    The ../columns/start_by_number control handles feedback.
    But there is no feedback for cells. How would you like it to work ? Keep track of the last started cell(s) and when a new cell(s) is started set the previous ones to FALSE and the new one(s) to TRUE ? In MadMapper you can see the while circle indicating the last started cell. So that information could indeed be transmitted to a read-only control.
    Thanks for your feedback.
    Cheers
    Matt
    mipmarple

Re: OSC Feedback from Cue triggering

by mipmarple » Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:41 pm

Hi,
    I also spent some time finding out because I needed feedback on changing cues.
    There should be definitely feedback on cells!

By default if you click "add controll > OSC" selecting a cue it generates this address in the control list.
    /cues/selected/cues/by_cell/col_1/row_1

"enable feedback" can be selected but not actually sending any feedback makes it very confusing if you dont find this post.

Thanks!