DMX Mapping to control surface parameters
  • striberg

DMX Mapping to control surface parameters

by striberg » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:25 pm

Hello there.

I've been reading and enjoying several topics in here - I'm really enjoying the knowledge sharing inhere. It's my first post, and it's due to an issue I have, which I haven't been able to find any topics about.

I'm trying to control a specific surfaces parameters (R,G,B,Opacity) from a MA2 desk via artnet. In DMX input, I set DMX input device to ArtNet in, and select the interface to the artnet IP (in my case 2.0.0.10) and universe 15 (which corresponds to universe 16 on MA2)

Now, when monitoring received artnet packages in luminetMonitor, I get packages sent to my macbook pro from MA2, but somehow Madmapper does not respond to these signals. I tried both DMX learning the controls ( Cmd + shift + D), doing it manually in Control List and by learning in Control list (it only appears to "Wait for a dmx signal").

Am I missing anything? Also tired to turn off firewall, since that has caused troubles, but still with no succes...

Have anybody tried the DMX control mapping feature and can verify that i works? I never got it to work.

Looking forward to hear from you guys!
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: DMX Mapping to control surface parameters

by mad-matt » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:04 pm

Did you specify the correct universe number ? Some applications/desks start at 1 and others at 0. Also on MA you may have Net/Subnet/Universe. In MadMapper we use a single universe number, which is Net*256+Subnet*16+Universe.
    I just did the test again and it's working fine in 3.7.1
  • striberg

by striberg » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:03 am

Hi Matt.

MA input artnet from Universe 16 (set to 15 in Madmapper due to artnet 0 and 1 config)

Regadding the network, subnet and universe - I think this is where I haven’t been setting it up properly.

So, to follow your advice and set the network, subnet and universe: is that in network properties of my MacBook or the MA.

And exactly how does your Net*256, subnet*16+ universe comply in the network settings?

Thank you so much - hope is not lost!

Rasmus
  • david glassey

by david glassey » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:27 am

Hi there !

I've got the exact same problem with an MA. I tried physical dmx input via an enttec usb dmx and it's working fine, I tried to control via the same artnet routing a third party node and it's working fine. If you could give us a way to troubleshoot it, it would be nice !! thanks ! By the way, my ma and mad mapper ip addresses are in the same range with an open submask

thank for your feedback

all the best

dAvid
  • david glassey

by david glassey » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:07 pm

To add some water to the mill...

The exact same setup is working fine with modul8 on the same mac

thx
  • franz
    madMapper master