Two Looping Segments
    caneron
    activ8 member

Two Looping Segments

by caneron » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:03 pm

So I have two segments:
    Section A, I need to loop until I advance to section B which I then need to loop.
    What is the proper way to do this / is there a proper way to do this?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4p3cjpy01rll8 ... 4.png?dl=0
    creative technology producer, designer
    🫠 https://www.vacationland.club
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: Two Looping Segments

by mad-matt » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:11 pm

This is not that easy. We may add tools for more precise control over scenes/cues playback in the future. Actually you can tweak by use multiple CueSchedulers and store their settings in cues. You can create a cue scheduler that plays from columns 0-5 in loop and at column 4 (first B column) you store value 4 for the "start column" setting of the scheduler, then it will start at 0 and switch to 4 when it arrives on column 4, which will do what you want. A bit tricky but using this allows quite complex setups.
    caneron
    activ8 member

by caneron » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:09 pm

The CueScheduler move works pretty well and is actually quite e-z!

Method for two segments, 3 cues each:
    • Segment one scheduler "A"
    • Segment two scheduler "B"
    • Set up a cue scheduler per segment (I.e. target "Start Cues in Range" start row "1" end row "1" start column "1" end column "3")
    • Turn off "Schedule" and select "Automate" (if you want to manually trigger rather than TOD)
    • While in Scheduler A, make sure Scheduler B is off (turn off the layer control, top left of panel)
    • To switch to Segment B, turn off the Scheduler A layer
    • The only tricky part is switching from one segment to another segment. You want to switch in the middle of a cue so you don't have multiple crossfades happening simultaneously. Not ideal, but works.
    Note that you do NOT activate the global play control to auto-advance. The cue scheduler does it all. Using the global play button will cause all kinds of chaos.

However, you can manually advance or go back within your active scheduler by just triggering the cue via the cue bank. If you trigger a cue from another segment, it will play it for its duration and then return to the active scheduler.

Can repeat for as many segments as you need.

@Mad-Matt quick question - there's a drop down to select a "Cue Bank" but I can't find any documentation about secondary Cue Banks?
    creative technology producer, designer
    🫠 https://www.vacationland.club
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

by mad-matt » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:59 pm

We hope next major release will allow using multiple cue banks. It's in the planning at least with tons of other things. Hope it will be there in 4.0.