video playback starts with a random frame
  • alicejoss

video playback starts with a random frame

by alicejoss » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:24 pm

Hello,
    I am having a problem with video playback. I'm doing an installation with some footage i created elsewhere.
    I have a starting scene with a video playing in a loop and then with ques i want to start some footage with alpha channel over the one in the scene. I have checked the restart value of these videos but what happens is that when i play the que the video sometimes starts with a random frame like a flash and then starts from the beginning.

This has also happend to another installation when I activated a scene that starts from the beginning (some footage did that random frame flash thing)
    This doesn't happen every time so im not sure whats wrong..

I have tried to set another que before that, that zeroes the speed and the position but it doesn't work.
    Right now i'm working on the trial version because i used the two licenses in two installations but this week i have to move the intsallation to another location and i want to fix it. Is this a bug?
    Also now that i'm moving the installation i have to remap and do masks again, is there a way to copy a mask and paste it on another quad so i won't have to copy the quad and do the programming all over again? i can't use a layer mask because some layers below have different masks..
    Thank you very much,
    Alice
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: video playback starts with a random frame

by mad-matt » Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:41 am

Few questions:
    Windows or macOS ? Which player (FFMPEG, FFMPEG HW, FFMPEG DXVA or AvFoundation)
    What's your movie codec ?
    Does it happen in 3.7.5 ?
    Could you test with 4.0 beta ?
  • alicejoss

by alicejoss » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:44 pm

Sorry for my late answer i was away and didn't have internet access..

Im working on windows, ffmpeg player and i tried it both with both hardware acceleration and without.

At my first project i worked with 3.7.1 and prores codec and it was fine
    At my second project i used hap codec but i can't remember the version (i don't have access to the computer any more) and that is where the problem occurred.

Now i tried some things with 3.7.5 Demo version so that i can recteate the problem, and used the footage from the first project (prores) and it happens again.

How can i download madmaper 4 beta? i don't currently have licence, i have used it in the two computers that are running the installation. is there a 4 beta demo?
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

by mad-matt » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:20 am

No, beta testing if for registered users only. I will send you (PM) a build of 3.7 with FFMPEG implementation from 4.0, let us know if it solves. If so we'll put that in 3.7.6.