OSC - anyway to setup just once for command for all medias ?
  • tu0huang

OSC - anyway to setup just once for command for all medias ?

by tu0huang » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:08 pm

Hi,
    I have been using Madmapper for a while and it works great! However recently I got into some problem.

So I have one quad with multiple scenes (each associating with one video). I have an iPad as control panel to send OSC commands(ipad app has a carousel of videos - user could select which cue/video to play then under carousel - a interactive area for control that video detail play settings) to Madmapper to control video playing. Each video/media has some general control commands like play forward, play backward, play speed, pause, position.

Now for example, I have 10 videos and correspondingly 10 cues. Then I need go to OSC controls and manually add and setup play forward, play backward, play speed, pause, position for that 10 videos for 10 times. Those media related are using same command, e.g., for pause , then command is /updateContent/pause. I don't see any general settings for media.(like I could just use one value `updateContent/pause` for pause action of all medias)

And for cues, the command is slight different. You need select cue,then all the way to by_cell/col_{idx} and setup command /updateContent/{idx}.

Hence, this goes kinda crazy whenever I need to add a new video to cue. I need to setup osc command for that cue, then play forward, play backward, play speed, pause, position for the new media one by one, which is kinda painful and error-prone.

Any idea on how to simplify this process?

Many Thanks
    Attachments
    Screenshot 2020-07-17 at 18.06.55.png
    Screenshot 2020-07-17 at 18.06.55.png (553.23 KiB) Viewed 1742 times
    Screenshot 2020-07-17 at 17.58.10.png
    Screenshot 2020-07-17 at 17.58.10.png (992.13 KiB) Viewed 1742 times
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: OSC - anyway to setup just once for command for all medias ?

by mad-matt » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:35 am

You could use the select visual, since you can send a command to select a visual, then send restart to "/medias/selected/restart"
    Wouldn't it bea solution ?