MM Scheduling On Remote Mac
  • biomurph

MM Scheduling On Remote Mac

by biomurph » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:59 am

Hi,

I'm new to MM 4. I have used MM lightly in the past (like 7 years ago).

I'm having some trouble getting MM to run a schedule. Here's my setup and my desired behavior.

I have a Mac Mini (M1 core) running inside of an installation (box).
    The installation is projected upon by a projector outside of the box (HDMI running from Mini inside box).
    Mac Mini has a small screen (9" LCD) attached to it on one HDMI port.
    Mac Mini has projector attached to the USB C via HDMI dongle.
    The projector is turned off in the evening and on in the morning to save bulb life
    The Mini is always on.
    The media is generated by a Processing sketch and run through Syphon to MM.
    The media is always on.
    I am connecting to the mini remotely using VNC, which is why I have the small LCD screen so that I can do work and updates without disturbing the installation.
    My mini is not mirroring the monitors. I have successfully mapped to my surface and when it runs it runs great.

I have (tried) to make a schedule that turns on every day at 11AM and off every day at 6PM. Not sure this is actually working?

Desired Behavior: I want the MM project to send the mapped image to the projector during the time I've scheduled. I want to be able to turn the projector off and on any time and have the MM project figure out that it's there to connect to.

What's happening: MM will be on, but not in full screen to feed to the projector. Or, MM will be on and feeding full screen to the small LCD monitor that I have it connected to.
    So, I end up having to remote into the mini and manually select the projector and go to full screen mode.

I'm attaching the .mad project that I made. I hope that it's something simple that I'm doing as a noob that will be easy to set to rights!
    Attachments
    inPulse_1.mad.zip
    (7.21 KiB) Downloaded 239 times