Saving masks for future projects
  • roberbob

Saving masks for future projects

by roberbob » Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:21 pm

Hello,

I'm new to MadMapper and projection mapping. I'm working on a project where I need to setup a projection on a sphere. The installation will be permanent and will consist of projecting pictures, videos, and geographic datasets on the sphere much like a globe. I need to write up instructions on how to do the projection workflow so that others can project their content without support, so I need to simplify things as much as possible.

I've created a mask of the sphere and would like to have either a way to save or export the mask so that if it can be reused in other projects without having to redo the mask every time. I've played around with the software but can't find a way to do this. The only thing I've found is a 'copy output geometry' option when right-clicking the mask, but I can't figure out what it does or how to use it.

Am I able to copy or export masks for use in future projects, and if so, how is this done?

Thanks.

edited to add:

If it matters, I made the mask through the output window projecting directly onto the sphere. I tried taking a picture from the perspective of the projector like many tutorials show, but the scale was way off and it wouldn't project correctly.
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: Saving masks for future projects

by mad-matt » Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:14 pm

You can select you mask(s) in the mask list, press Cmd+C / Ctrl+C. Then you can paste it in another project (if you're talking about quad masks, you first have to create a quad, select it and then paste)
    You can also copy a complete surface and paste it in another project file.