M1 Mac MM 4.2.1 memory leak and V5
  • ProjectileObjects
    activ8 member

M1 Mac MM 4.2.1 memory leak and V5

by ProjectileObjects » Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:24 pm

Update:

It appears this issue is happening when the "All Widgets Template" or the "Iteration Stripe" Materials are used. I've removed them from my project. I can repeat the issue on the M1 Mac Mini, and on the M1 Max MBP. (especially with Iteration Stripe)

Original Post:
    Does anyone know why there'd be a memory leak in v4.2.1 and V5 on an M1 Mac? I just had it running various cues in a loop with two video cues tossed in the mix. It maxed out the system memory and then expanded to max out the internal SSD after running for a day straight.

In more tests, I took away all of the video cues and now it is only MM Materials, and in less than 2 hours it goes from 1GB to 12GB, then on to freeze up the computer.

Screen captures of growing Memory usage: https://photos.app.goo.gl/86tjP4zkrSKZgnwy8

I've opened the same project on my M1 Max MBP and I am not connected to the Artnet devices and the memory usage stays around 800MB, is only the same project when connected through ArtNet devices that is burning through memory.

Thanks
    Last edited by ProjectileObjects on Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: M1 Mac MM 4.2.1 memory leak and V5

by mad-matt » Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:55 pm

Thanks for reporting ! That will be solved in 5.0.3. it only happens with those materials because they link an image that is not in the material folder.