dummy channels in custom fixtures
  • cody@36north.group

dummy channels in custom fixtures

by cody@36north.group » Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:30 pm

Is there a way to add a certain amount of dummy channels or skipped channels in a custom fixture? I know you can do a custom pixel type but that would just be one pixel. For instance I have these jdc1 lights (120 of them to be exact) the JDC has 12 pixels 6x2 rgb. The problem is there's 20 channels of information before the rgb and 12 channels after. So when plotting the lights I've been creating a dummy fixture with 20 channels before and 12 after to keep the dmx addresses correct but its not a very efficient way fo doing it. is there a feature im missing that will skip these channels? thank you for your help
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: dummy channels in custom fixtures

by mad-matt » Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:27 pm

Indeed, it would be nice to offer more function for fixture definitions, now that MadMapper is often used for more than simple LEDs.
    Actually the only option is to split your device in 3 fixtures, one for the channels before (if they have to be changed for controlling a strob / focus effect for instance, you can make sliders), one for your 6x2 RGB pixels, and on the the channels after. Well, as you did I suppose.
    We have this in mind so we might offer more fixture definition possibilities in the future.