Playback gets noticebly jittery and laggy with 2 quads
  • alex88

Playback gets noticebly jittery and laggy with 2 quads

by alex88 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:54 pm

Hello,

We are using madmapper for a permanent installation.
    Our video patch is done in Max/Jitter who transmits video via syphon.
    We are concerned with getting palyback as smooth as possible and had made some prior tests.
    Our max patch reads 720p video encoded in photojpeg 80% and sends it via syphon, The frame rate we get in max is over 100 when syphon is on and madmapper is running. Playback in madmapper is smooth, with no mapping (basically one quad occupying all the screen mapped to one quad occupying all the output screen). But if I have 2 quads mapped simply (no bezier nor mesh warping), the outputs gets laggy and jittery at times.

Any advice on how to make it run smoothly is very velcome.

I thought this might come from a resizing process, I made sure I unchecked the force media ratio box but it didn't change. I saw posts about people having several quads in full HD working smoothly so I guess it is doable.
    We are using a brandnew mac mini (2.5 Ghz i5, 4Go RAM, Radeon HD 6630M 256Mb). I thought maybe the graphic card's memory is a limitation, but it's just two quads and those cards are having good benchmarks with recent games.

Thanks !

Alex
  • franz
    madMapper master

Re: Playback gets noticebly jittery and laggy with 2 quads

by franz » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:12 pm

Force media ratio has NO impact on performances. It is not "resizing", but rather interpreting the media as a different ratio.