BIG BUG with Syphon Inputs (Fixed in 1.2)
  • bareimage
    activ8 member

BIG BUG with Syphon Inputs (Fixed in 1.2)

by bareimage » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:03 pm

Guys! Thank you for posting Beta of 1.2 it works! And the speed of the program has improved!

THANK YOU!!!

Now just:
    ADD Syphon into Modul8
    ADD Quartz Composer Intergration (like in Coge or VDMX) into MODUL8
    ADD Support for OSC into Mad Mapper
    :wink:

:x Hello, guys!

I am huge fan of the mad mapper. But it has a fundamental bug or to be precise an application bug that makes program hard to use for my art.

I and my company Glitchfairy are live coding artists. We create code during the performance in processing and Max6. Our code is defined by small programs that we lunch during the performance. The problem is that when new syphon server is introduced the mad mapper reverts to checkpatern. This is unacceptable and the output should stick to the specified input during creation of another syphon server.

So let's say I have processing syphon app "dancingcube1" and maxmsp syphon patch "sphere1".

I have loaded "dancingcube1" into madmaper then in 10 min I need to switch to "spehere1" If I load another syphon source right now I would revert to check pattern.

What needs to happen, is that "dancingcube1" would continue to play even if I have loaded new server.

PLEASE FIX IT!!!
    Last edited by bareimage on Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • bareimage
    activ8 member

Re: BIG BUG with Syphon Inputs

by bareimage » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:23 pm

Ok I did not see the beta version! Downloading it now and hoping it would fix my issue!
  • scaryxpuppy
    activ8 member

by scaryxpuppy » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:38 pm

Hi Bareimage

Good point but maybe a bit harsh

These guys have are doing great with constant changes and updates and are always helpful and responsive.

Things like "PLEASE FIX IT !!" might just get people's back up which is no use to any if us going forward

Thanks for pointing out the SYPHON concern though

Phil
  • bareimage
    activ8 member

by bareimage » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:45 pm

scaryxpuppy wrote:Hi Bareimage

Good point but maybe a bit harsh

These guys have are doing great with constant changes and updates and are always helpful and responsive.

Things like "PLEASE FIX IT !!" might just get people's back up which is no use to any if us going forward

Thanks for pointing out the SYPHON concern though

Phil

Phil I am Russian, we are passionate people! I used bold words not to get people offended but for purpose of showing an emotional frustration. But guys got it fixed in the new version I am testing it right now. This would open the Mad Mapper to all sorts of new users from live coding environment and even telematic arts