Midi Mapping ver 1.2
  • byrdipop

Midi Mapping ver 1.2

by byrdipop » Wed May 09, 2012 12:57 am

I having an issue when mapping midi to a particular surface. It seems that when I select a particular property to map midi to, it is offset by one. In other words, when i map a note to opacity on the layer it actually maps it to the on/off(not even in the property list). When I select blend mode it actually maps to the opacity, and so on down the list. This gives me no way to map to the blue property because when I try to, it maps to green, and there is nothing below blue in the list to select. What I'm after is doing rgb mixing on a surface with midi, but i cannot get it to work properly. I use Modul8 so there are workarounds for sure, but It requires me to use more layers in Modul8 than would need to if the midi worked properly. Is anyone else having this issue? Is there anyway to fix it? Im running on Lion if that matters.
  • franz
    madMapper master

Re: Midi Mapping ver 1.2

by franz » Wed May 09, 2012 1:14 am

midi is not officially supported. we're still working on it, so there might be bugs, for sure.
    sorry about that
  • byrdipop

by byrdipop » Wed May 09, 2012 1:35 am

Thanks anyways Franz, I knew it wasn't supported in 1.1, thats when I did the terminal trick. I didn't have to do it again when I updated, so I thought it might be supported now. I guess the changes made in terminal carried over. Probably not the best idea to use midi in madmapper for shows if it's not officially supported anyways, even if I could get it to map properly. For now, I can just use midi in modul8, not a big deal. Keep up the good work.
    orion
    super8 member

by orion » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:11 am

what's the terminal trick byrdipop?!!!