1.5.1 Crashing with Multiple Outputs
  • infectedspleen

1.5.1 Crashing with Multiple Outputs

by infectedspleen » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:17 am

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has tried the multiple outputs feature with more than one TH2GO etc etc.

I have a Mac Pro 4.1 with three NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 installed and i'm trying to run 9 projectors. The first gfx card has my monitor plugged into the dvi port and a projector plugged into the mini DP, I have a TH2Go analog edition plugged in to the dvi on the second gfx card and another projector plugged into the second mini DP and finally I have a TH2Go digital edition plugged into the third gfx card with another projector plugged into the mini DP.

Every time I load MM it crashes on startup. Ive sent over a few crash logs when MM has asked me. Has anyone else tried running a similar setup.

So far through trial and error I've managed to run one TH2Go or two mini DP or two mini DP and a TH2Go with out MM crashing. Ive tested the same setup in Resolume arena with successful results, All nine projectors playing clips.

Ive also found that when using Mad_light with 1.5.1, it does produce some wired results and does not work well like it does with 1.4.4.

Any help would be great.
  • franz
    madMapper master

Re: 1.5.1 Crashing with Multiple Outputs

by franz » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:03 pm

1-
    GT120 are very old cards (maybe 7 years old)
    Ideally, with 4 cards,
    you'll use one for monitor (on the 4x PCI-e port), and 3x TH2G miniDP on the remaining cards.

2-
    Please contact the support regarding your crash, they'll help you

3-
    What do you mean by weird results ?
    Are you using MAD_Light with GT120 ?
  • infectedspleen

Re: 1.5.1 Crashing with Multiple Outputs

by infectedspleen » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:16 pm

Thank you Franz,

I've sent over an email with my problems inc Mad_light to support.

Hope they can help..