Quartz Composer Problem
  • soave.ryan

Quartz Composer Problem

by soave.ryan » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:12 pm

I have followed the tutorial on the Madmapper website and created and video that responds to audio from a Midi output from Ableton live. The video works well on the Quartz Composer visualiser but when I go to import the Quartz Composer file into Madmapper I just get a completely white screen in Madmappers input. I have followed the tutorial step by step but I must be doing something stupid as I am just learning Quartz Composer.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks
    Ryan
  • ecas32

Re: Quartz Composer Problem

by ecas32 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:30 pm

I am having this same problem!

Any input would be greatly appreciated, customer support has been of no help yet!

Thanks,
    Ethan
  • franz
    madMapper master

by franz » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:41 pm

post your files so we can look at them
  • ecas32

by ecas32 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:36 pm

It will not let me attach my Quartz file, but the problem is this:

I add a clear to my patch, then a MIDI Note Receiver and Sprites, connecting my midi note reliever outs to my colors on my sprites so that when a midi note is played, the corresponding sprite turns white in the Viewer.

When Importing the Quartz file into mad mapper, The input only hows a solid white unchanging screen instead of what the viewer in Quartz Composer Shows.

-Ethan
  • moodgorning

by moodgorning » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:57 am

I am experiencing a similar probably the same issue, I followed this tutorial: http://www.madmapper.com/live-qc-madmapper-tutorial/
    When I load the quartz patch in madmapper, I only get random flashes, composed of a mix of images that look like parts of screenshots from my desktop. mainly its a flicker of random patterns.
    I'm on a 2015 15" Macbook Pro, running Yosemite 10.10.3

A solution or hint for this would be great.
  • moodgorning

by moodgorning » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:07 am

Ok tried a couple more things. putting in a clear on layer 1 helped to get rid of the flickering issue. but I was still not able to get any midi interaction in madmapper 1.7.3
    However now with the clear the Quartz patch works just fine in madMapper 2 beta (5131).