Preset ?
    orion
    super8 member

Preset ?

by orion » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:19 pm

Here's what I have...
    MadMapper project with over 70 layers and over 90 presets. source input set to M8 syphoned

Here's what I want to do...
    Change the source for my layers without having to save new presets, from M8 to QC, while still chasing my presets with vezer

Is this possible? Do i need to create a set of new layers with each source input (ie QC, Movie Clips, Images)?

thank ou folks
    aktion
    activ8 member

Re: Preset ?

by aktion » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:10 pm

Step One ( very Important ) - make a backup of the madmapper file.
    Step Two - unlock the presets buy clicking on the lock icon on the preset panel
    Step Three - click on the first preset, that will display the output from M8 then go to source tab and click on the QC output and just as a precaution save the file.
    Step Four - go back to the preset panel now select the next preset and repeat the process of going to the output tab and selecting the output.
    Step Five - once you have changed all outputs go back to preset panel and enable the lock again so you don't accidentally change it again.

If all works well awesome if not at least you have a backup :)
    AKTION STUDIO
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    https://vimeo.com/channels/aktionstudio
    orion
    super8 member

Re: Preset ?

by orion » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:56 pm

aktion, thanks for the response. I ended up just exporting the input svg and creating some quick animations in after effects. sorta had a similar result as the chasing with the presets i was doing. Even so, doing it your way would have resulted in a bunch of clicking and going back and forth between layers tab and input tab. And i also would have just changed the inputs to qc not added qc (i wanted both qc and m8 as inputs for each 80 layers of presets). I think a grouping mechanism would do the trick.

create x number of presets
    group them
    duplicate group
    save new group with new input

thinking out loud.