Two projectors.
  • 2lifetalent

Two projectors.

by 2lifetalent » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:39 pm

Hey Everyone,

I am trying to figure out how to individually adjust the same "surface" on two different projectors. Essentially, I am attempting to use two different projectors to display content on the ceiling of a tent. I am able to easily get one surface to line up with one projector. The issue I am having is with the second projector. I am shooting at a different angle (to cover a different part of the ceiling), and any mapping adjustments I make to the surface for the 2nd projector effects the 1st projector.

Any ideas on how to accomplish a properly mapped projection using one "surface" with two different projectors on two different ceilings?
  • Xaver2k
    super8 member

Re: Two projectors.

by Xaver2k » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:44 am

Does each projector display a different screen or are they connected in mirror mode so both display the same screen?
  • 2lifetalent

by 2lifetalent » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:43 pm

Thanks for responding. They are not in mirror mode. I have them as separate outputs.

Essentially, I am trying to figure out how to map a surface to one projector with certain dimensions, while having the same surface (or identical) mapped with different dimensions on another projector.

Any ideas?
  • franz
    madMapper master

by franz » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:04 am

you have to position the 2 projectors, say, side by side, in mad mapper, under the projector tab.
    The projectors will be listed on the left part, and you'll be manipulation 2 YELLOW rectangles.

Then, make 2 quads (under the surface tab), position them inside each projector area respectively, and align each quad accordingly.
  • 2lifetalent

by 2lifetalent » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:17 am

That's what I was missing. Moving the projector frame side by side works perfectly. Thank you!