Madmapper, OSC and Presets
  • Oaktown

Madmapper, OSC and Presets

by Oaktown » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:21 pm

I'm trying to control my presets in Madmapper using Vezer or Qlab so that I can control both Madmapper and Milluming in the same cue. Somehow I'm not getting the results I want. I/O ports are set correctly because I can control opacity no problems but I can't seem to change presets using the following OSC commands:

PRESETS

/presets/select

/presets/previous

/presets/next

For instance, if I want to use /presets/next what would the adress and argument to trigger this commands?

/presets/next

or
    /presets/next
    or
    /presets/next

What about if I want to use /presets/[presetName] andmy preset name is Cue 1? Would the address be:

/presets/Cue 1
    or
    /presets/Cue1

Also, is there any kind of documentation on how to use the Control List menu?
    sigmasix
    master

Re: Madmapper, OSC and Presets

by sigmasix » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:37 am

to change presets you need to send two messages, one with value 0.0 and one with value 1.0… madmapper will ignore a message that has the same value as the last one
  • Oaktown

by Oaktown » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:28 pm

Thanks Sigmasix but I tried that and any other possible combination and I'm not able to get a consistent connection between any of OSC controller and Madmapper.

The weird thing is that if I use an address like /master/fadeToBlack with a timeline in Vezer with a float from 0 to 1, it works perfect and i get exactly what I want so I know the IP and ports are right.

This morning I created a patch in Milluplug and I was able to use /presets/select with integers from 1 to 4 to switch between 4 presets when I switch columns in my Millumin comp but all of a sudden it doesn't work! And I still can't get the /presets/previous
 or /presets/next
 or /preset/[presetName] to work at all!

Any other thoughts?
  • .lov._

by .lov._ » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:12 am

Oaktown wrote:The weird thing is that if I use an address like /master/fadeToBlack with a timeline in Vezer with a float from 0 to 1, it works perfect and i get exactly what I want so I know the IP and ports are right.

Did you test the preset selection within the same composition in Vezer where you checked out the fadeToBlack parameter working? As I found, MadMapper do not show a notice when it cannot start it's OSC server, so if anything goes wrong, for example an other software holds down the port you won't be notified.

/presets/next and /presets/previous works for me using integer type. You need to use /presets/Cue 1 instead of /presets/Cue1.
    Vezér - timeline and control software for visual artists