I finally got around to order the last pieces to my LED kit. It doesn't quite work yet, so let's see if I can explain enough what I'm doing in order to get some help. I connected everything and what actually took me the longest was getting my Enttec DMX USB Pro up and running on my new machine.
Full view: http://themidithief.com/images/Overview_2.jpg
- 1. I managed to get my LEDs (bright white, SMD 3528) to light up to what seems to be 50% brightness (at start they blink once at 100%). The LEDs do not respond to my DMX commands and they are lit when they shouldn't be.
2. Shows the power supply and the DMX decoder connection.
3+4. The power supply
5. DMX Decoder, power connected.
6. DMX Decocer, Channel 1 connected. I could potentially have switched the cables here since there is no way to know what the positive pole is. It's a water proof strip so the end of it is covered with white plastic. I just assumed that the red cable is positive.
7. DMX settings in MadMapper
8. Fixture setting sin MadMapper
- 9. So I'm not exactly sure what is going on. I have a couple of things I'm unclear about. The setup of the Enttec DMX USB Pro was nothing but straight forward. I checked for old drivers and then used Enttec PRO Manager to install the new ones and update the firmware.
10. I needed to use FTDI Driver control to shut the driver on and off. It seems it needs to be off when configuring the Enttec device but on when running Madmapper or else it won't show up in Madmapper. This could be a reason why it's not communicating with the DMX decoder?
I tried the "DMX Send" settings Enttecs PRO Manager and I got some reaction when 10th "FUN" switch on the Showjockey DMX decoder was in the upper position and I disabled/enabled the output in the PRO Manager, the LED strip blinked once in full bright intensity. Also, the Enttec device often blinks. According to the manual it means it is receiving data. However, if I turn off Madmapper it will still blink. I'm not sure what is going on there.
Can anyone spot anything I'm doing wrong?