Computer Repairs and MadMapper License Resets
  • ProjectileObjects
    activ8 member

Computer Repairs and MadMapper License Resets

by ProjectileObjects » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:07 pm

This may not apply to you right now, but if you ever send your mac in for repairs make sure to deauthorize your computer first. I took my macbook pro in to get serviced for the second time this year and they just simply replaced the motherboard and sent it back to me. The hard drive is the same, everything, except at it's core. The serial number is still the same, the hard drive, even the login/ account and data is still untouched. Yet as soon as I got it back I noticed that MadMapper was asking for me to re-enter my serial number. I got it back the day before a large event and was forced to use my other untouched machine to do the mapping, because getting a license reset over the weekend or even on the same day is next to impossible. It's a real bummer... When I log into my yourspace account it shows that the computer that I am currently on has a valid license, which obviously means that something is off. Why can't you just make these software licenses set to the computer serial number? It just doesn't make any sense. That being said, since this is not the first time apple did this (last time I thought they screwed up), I had no more license resets left and now it has been multiple days and still I'm waiting to hear back from support. It's unprofessional and unreliable. If a computer crashes and your forced to buy a new one the day before an event, and you've already used all the resets, then your just screwed. Please fix this...
  • franz
    madMapper master

Re: Computer Repairs and MadMapper License Resets

by franz » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:13 pm

please contact the support, they're kind and patient.
  • ProjectileObjects
    activ8 member

Re: Computer Repairs and MadMapper License Resets

by ProjectileObjects » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:19 pm

Franz,
    I did. It's now day 3 and still nothing. Tomorrow is a weekend. This is truly disappointing and unprofessional.