Performance issues with 2 graphics cards
  • joedemax

Performance issues with 2 graphics cards

by joedemax » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:14 pm

Hi All!

I've sucessfully been running MadMapper + Resolume Arena with a GTX970 and a Matrox TripleHead2Go to output to 4 mapped projectors. Recently however the TripleHead2Go has suffered what looks to be a power surge and only one output on the box works. Unable to source a replacement in time for this weekend, I've bought another graphics card to supplement the outputs of the GTX970. All is detected fine and works under OS X, but I'm having massive issues with performance. Main issue is that MadMapper is dropping a ton of frames on the interface and output (Resolume output seems solid at 60FPS). Other issue is that the projectors seem to drift in and out of sync, especially noticeable during strobes. I know this might just be the nature of non genlocked outputs, but is there anything I can do to fix the frame rate? How do I know what GPU MadMapper is doing the processing on? We have tried running the outputs in various combinations which makes some difference but performance isn't where it needs to be.

Spec:
    OS X 10.10.3
    GPU 1 - nVidia GTX970 4GB
    GPU 2 - nVidia GTX750 1GB

Thanks in advance!
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: Performance issues with 2 graphics cards

by mad-matt » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:12 pm

Did you try with MM 1.x or MM 2.X ? MadMapper 2 offers much better performances, we optimized a lot the rendering pipeline.