Qlab > Midi > Madmapper preset
  • LarsHoeksema

Qlab > Midi > Madmapper preset

by LarsHoeksema » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:26 am

Dear Forums,

I am researching some things for an upcoming project, and I am trying to do something very simple that I think has been done before a lot of times.

I have a video playing in Qlab (v3) and sending that using Syphon to Madmapper (demo). So far everything is working. Now I am trying to use Qlab Midi notes to control the different presets in madmapper, but for the life of me I cannot get it to work.

I can get the midi notes assigned using the edit midi control feature (it respons correctly when test sending a note in qlab to madmapper), and I assinged 2 different notes/que's to two different presets. But whatever I do these presets do not switch when triggering the que's in Qlab. Does anybody know why? Is this some restriction in the MadMapper demo that isnt listed?

I can provide more detailed information if needed.
  • LarsHoeksema

Re: Qlab > Midi > Madmapper preset

by LarsHoeksema » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:05 am

Update!

I got it to work today. I was trying to get it to work with Midi Note On's and Off's with different value's, but for some reason Madmapper all interpreted them as the same note (might just be normal and my lack of knowledge of Midi). As such it didnt work because basically I was triggering both presets at the same time, resulting in zero change. However I tried some more today with Control Change notes and at first I was having no luck, but turns out when you set the channel and control Number at different values Madmapper recognises them as different notes and everything is working properly.