Artnet Out + Resolume + GrandMA2
  • iandee

Artnet Out + Resolume + GrandMA2

by iandee » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:19 pm

Hello,
    Longtime user.. finally posted on the forums with a question..

I'm trying to map out nexus 4x4 LED panels (and have had no problem doing that on te madmapper end).
    However, my video source is syphon in from Resolume and I'm attempting to control Resolume from the GrandMA2 (both via artnet)

If i start Mad MApper before Resolume, there are no problems with mad mapper outputting the artnet to the console. With ArtNet IN disabled on MM side, Resolume will not allow me enable Artnet for console control..

HOWEVER... If I start Resolume first, and then MM, Resolume works fine from the console, but MM will not output Artnet to the console.

I feel like the two are colliding somewhere, and I've tried everything from different subnets to different network interfaces all together but neither seem to work. I've also tried Unicast, etc..

ANY IDEAS??

Thanks!
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: Artnet Out + Resolume + GrandMA2

by mad-matt » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:03 pm

Hi, it means that Resolume is opening the ArtNet port exclusively, so MadMapper cannot open it. If you start MadMapper first, it opens the port in a lind of "shared mode" but since Resolume try to open the network port exclusively, it fails.
    Resolume dev needs to put those flags on the ArtNet network socket: SO_REUSEADDR & SO_REUSEPORT. Tell them, that's easy to change ;-)
    With MadMapper, you can use ArtNet with other applications like Vezér, Luminet monitor, Modul8 because all those applications set those floags (so they don't request exclusivity on ArtNet port)
    Another option at the moment is to use USB-DMX, the Enttec Pro for instance as MadMapper output, but you're limited to one DMX universe then...
    Cheers!