How do I transition smoothly?
  • mbirame

How do I transition smoothly?

by mbirame » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:15 am

Hi guys,
    I'm brand new to madmapper. I'm feeding Madmapper from VDMX via Syphon. One layer in VDMX needs things mapped one way in Madmapper, another layer needs things mapped another way.

I have each of those two ways as individual presets. I also have each way in it's own group on the quads panel area.

I'm trying to figure out how to transition seamlessly from preset to preset. I'm imagining something like a mixer between presets. As things are now, I have to switch layers in VDMX (via midi) and also swith presets in Madmapper. This makes a jerky transition. Is there a solution to this that I'm missing?

I'm imagining I can do that one method where people create a really big canvas in VDMX and then map specific parts of that large canvas and feed all the layers at the same time. The problem with this solution is that it doesn't seem very scalable as if I add a new layer/preset, then I need to make the canvas bigger and bigger.
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: How do I transition smoothly?

by mad-matt » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:40 pm

Hi,
    No transition between presets. Don't use presets, duplicate you surface group, map opacity of the group that is on the top in the list to a MIDI controller, choose your media for each group. That should do the job. But why not doing the transition in VDMX ?
    Cheers
    matt
  • mbirame

Re: How do I transition smoothly?

by mbirame » Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:24 am

Thanks Matt! THat works great. To answer your question-I am transitioning in VDMX as well, but I have some media that needs to be mapped one way and some media that needs to be mapped a different way.....Thanks again, I got it all sorted.