Will Madmapper support E1.31?
  • mbirame

Will Madmapper support E1.31?

by mbirame » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:58 am

Hi,
    I just ordered a PixLite 16 and I was really excited about being able to control both the LED strips and our regular DMX lights with the PixLite. I just learned that the PixLite only sends DMX out of the board if it is receiving E1.31 Protocol-not Artnet. Any chance that Madmapper will be supporting this soon? I'm totally new to this industry, but from what I can tell it seems to be an industry standard while Artnet is an "older" standard.
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: Will Madmapper support E1.31?

by mad-matt » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:20 pm

Hi,
    This is the feedback I recevieved from Advatek concerning the DMX output:
    We never designed those DMX outputs to be a professional quality converter. There's no isolation or good level of protection like you would find on a commercial grade art-net adapter. So we never added art-net capability for it because DIY users all just use E1.31 and professional users still usually use art-net. We plan to bring out a separate product that does both art-net and sACN with very high quality circuitry

So for the moment you can use an Enttec ODE or another ethernet->DMX node or wait for SACn in MM, but we don't promise any deadline.
    Cheers