LED Mapper in MM 2.2.2
  • wazuki

LED Mapper in MM 2.2.2

by wazuki » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:10 am

Hi guys,

I'm using the LED Mapper feature in MM 2.2.2, and it's SO close to working well. We have a custom PCB with 230 LEDs on it (each driven by WS2801), and it's being driven by a PixelPusher. I have an ArtNet-to-PixelPusher running, and MM is outputting to ArtNet. The LEDs on our PCB are not in a regular grid for a reason, so the LED Scanner is the perfect tool to map it. I've tried lots of different combinations of Brightness and Threshold, with the room lights on/off, etc., and it always gets somewhere between 224 - 229 of the 230 pixels. When I watch the scan, I can tell which LEDs will get missed, because the LED flashes very briefly, or not at all. I'm guessing there might be some sort of variable latency issue in the ArtNet-to-PixelPusher bridge, but in order to get this LED scan done, I was wondering if there was a setting to slow down the LED scan (how long it scans for each LED). Right now, it seems to scan one LED per second, and I'd love to slow that down to about half of that. Mapio 2 Pro has this setting, and it works quite well for applications like this. Is there such a setting in MM?

Thanks,
    Kent
  • wazuki

Re: LED Mapper in MM 2.2.2

by wazuki » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:38 am

This might be a coincidence, but I selected "Generic - BGR" just for kicks, and it scanned all 230 LEDs the first time! Now I'm able to map video onto it, but the colors are obviously wrong. Is there a way to retro-actively change the colors back to RGB?

Thanks,
    Kent
  • Xaver2k
    super8 member

by Xaver2k » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:55 am

there are different presets for generic rgb or grb, bgr and so on
  • wazuki

by wazuki » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:13 am

Thanks, I was able select all 230 fixtures in "Manage MadLight" tab and edit the RGB order, looking great now.