Multiple DMX curtain working together
  • kingstreet

Multiple DMX curtain working together

by kingstreet » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:28 am

I have a newbie question. I set up map mapper with two Enttec Artnet to DMX boxes. I am running 4 curtains of the Chauvet Motion orbs with one extension piece that is pixel mapped. Two panels together pretty much uses up a universe. So I have everything working, 2 right panels work together and the 2 left panel work together. So right now they mirror each other. Is there anyway to link the two universes/all four panels together to they can act as one? I would like to display images or video across all 4 panels.

Also, does anyone have a good source or way to generate low res but interesting backgrounds. The resolution would be 16 pixels X 20 pixels if everything works together.
  • Xaver2k
    super8 member

Re: Multiple DMX curtain working together

by Xaver2k » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:07 pm

you need to change the universe of your enttec artnet node or to remap the universe in the artnet settings of madmapper and then assign the surfaces to the specific universe.
  • kingstreet

by kingstreet » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:30 pm

Yeah, I am able to put different designs on each 2 curtain section. I have the left panel in universe 0 and the second curtain on universe 1. I am controlling each section (2 panels) differently so I have it set up and working. I would like to control all 4 panels together with one video. I was wondering how you can map them in MadMapper
  • Xaver2k
    super8 member

by Xaver2k » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:32 pm

if you now how to interact with two different panels i dont understand whats the problem with 4 ??
  • kingstreet

by kingstreet » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:29 pm

I would like to have the design go over all four panels instead of just 2 and 2 that look the same. For instance a line move across all four panels instead of stopping after 2. I want to know if I can tell MadMapper that this is one big panel instead of it seeing as two separate panels.
  • Xaver2k
    super8 member

by Xaver2k » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:02 pm

madmapper display them as you configure it. if you set up each panel as one fixture you can just drag them around and aline them to you needs. maybe a screenshot would help?