DMX to Control Christie Projector
  • CaseyJScalf
    activ8 member

DMX to Control Christie Projector

by CaseyJScalf » Tue May 10, 2016 4:28 am

New gear means new things to figure out.

I am looking to find a good way to control a Christie Projector, specifically a HD14k - M Series.

I have been using the app by SigmaSix called "Projector Manger" lately and it rocks: http://www.sigmasix.ch/projectormanager/

All I need to do is turn on the projector at a certain time and then turn it off after a few hours. That's it.

I went to use the Projector Manger App and I was not able to break through and get anything connected.

I WAS able to connect to the projector using the IP address and a browser (did not have username or password; defaults anybody?). So at least I know it is connected. I also scanned using my Mac's Network Utility and found the TCP port listed, 3002. So I double know it is connected. My Projector IP is 192.168.100.010

Anyways... I am looking to control the projector now using DMX. I looked at the listing and it seems as though the projector can be controlled just fine through DMX. Cool. I know I need to get a DMXC card for the projector but I wanted to speak with somebody who had done this. Preferably done this with MM.

Any tech heads out there?

I am wondering how MM handles this, do I create a custom fixture? Are there any clocks within MM to handle the scheduling? I feel comfortable writing an app but I wanted to check in first.

Thank you!
    sigmasix
    master

Re: DMX to Control Christie Projector

by sigmasix » Wed May 11, 2016 9:18 am

Thanks for the promo ;)

I answered your support email but for the sake of the community, I will answer here as well.

Seems like this model of projector doesn't comply with PJLink… So you can either use the web interface to control the projector or develop a little tool that sends tcp commands to the projector.

If your final goal is to control the projector using DMX, you can also buy a DMX card for that projector. That simple.