sound Synch issue
  • stevepool

sound Synch issue

by stevepool » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:31 pm

I am having sound lag issues when showing films on mad mapper - happens with all films and all codex including pro res 266 the films play fine on VLC and quicktime.
    I often have to show films on buildings so use mad mapper to give me loads of keynoting control - I thought it was my old macbook pro as it gets slightly better if I tick optimise hardware but just upgraded to 2015 mac book pro with solid state hard rive and 16 gig of ram and if anything it's got worse - thats with no other software running than mad mapper and a single quad.

Any help advice welcome
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: sound Synch issue

by mad-matt » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:54 pm

I know we fixed an issue with some codec/encoding in an update. Are you up to date ?
  • stevepool

by stevepool » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:13 am

I've updated and it seems to have cured it - was a big problem though plus I didn't know I had to update as I didn't get an email or anything so I would need to check the website - it's also not that easy to find the new version or clear that you won't have to pay more money on the website. Have to say though it's an awesome piece of software
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

by mad-matt » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:36 pm

Great ! Subscribe to the newsletter if you're not. It's always good to update, we're doing quality control with all feedback we get. Good luck
  • TakeTwoVideoPro

by TakeTwoVideoPro » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:15 am

I am also having this issue, Im having to run a previous version of MadMapper on my laptop, because when i try to use it on my MacPro, 10.7, the audio sync is off...any suggestions other than upgrading my operating system on mac? I also tried the hardware acceleration....
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

by mad-matt » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:10 am

any suggestions other than upgrading my operating system on mac?

Well of course upgrading is a good idea.
    Other solution: with "hardware acceleration" enabled, MM will use AVFoundation if possible. AvFoundation is handling the audio himself, so it's like if the movie was played in QuickTime player. However you have to use H264, MJPEG, Apple Pro-Res and a few other codecs. I don't know about codec supported by AVFoundation on 10.7... but H264 is for sure supported.