Export Video Paremeters...
  • TakeTwoVideoPro

Export Video Paremeters...

by TakeTwoVideoPro » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:26 pm

When exporting videos to use in MadMapper whats the best parameters and format for the video? MP4? MOV? also what bitrate and resolution...Im running MM on an MacPro 16gb system...thanks in advance! :P :P :P :P
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: Export Video Paremeters...

by mad-matt » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:43 pm

H264 if you're just playing the movie forward and performances won't be a problem (for instance you don't play more than two 4k movies simultaneously - depends on hardware of course)
    HAP if you reach performance limits of your machine or if you have to scrub inside the movie (HAP has one jeyframe per frame)
  • TakeTwoVideoPro

by TakeTwoVideoPro » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:37 am

So an mp4 with h.264 codec at 720p would be ideal? I'll probably have 6 or 7 videos running simultaneously, also no scrubbing will be done, the videos will play straight through...thanks again :lol:
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

by mad-matt » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:05 am

Yes H264 should be good enough. I you have performance issues, you can activate "Use Hardware Acceleration" on some movies (it will move part of decompression work to the GPU)
    If you have performance issue anyway, you can switch to HAP codec, it gives awsome results.
  • TakeTwoVideoPro

by TakeTwoVideoPro » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:12 am

Worked great! no issues, H264 ran smooth! I kept my bit rate low, at about 8000 so the file wouldnt be too big, also set them all to the same hot key so i could play them on seperate maps simultaneously... :lol: :lol: :lol: .